Jason Schramm of Detroit Yoga Ann Arbor going over details/progression of setting up Sirsasana / Headstand for beginners.
Entrance to side plank in vinyasa practice - key points
1. Watch the foot work...pivoting on the heels and balls of the feet.
2. Placement of the hand so that it is in line with the back foot.
3. Breathing = Inhale step out and pivot...Exhale the hand down and step the foot back.
entrance into ashtanga / vinyasa side angle - key points
1. Watch the foot work...using the heels and balls of the feet to pivot.
2. Front foot ends up pointing straight forward...heels lined up...back foot at a 90 degree angle.
3. Breathing = Inhale step out...Exhale lunge and set the hand down.
Entrance into Ashtanga / Vinyasa triangle - Key points
1. Watch the footwork.
2. Watch the shift of the hips before extending over the leg.
3. Breathing = Inhale step out...Exhale over the leg.
In the video below you will see a series of classic Hatha Yoga postures, which is also the opening sequence in the Ashtanga practice. Any serious ashtanga and/or vinyasa practitioner should have this down. So many other postures and movements come from this...along with sun salutations.
Please note...in this video I go thru the sequence quickly...it is normally five breaths in each posture.
Jason Schramm of Detroit Yoga demonstrating the opening sequence of Ashtanga Yoga
Jason Schramm of Detroit Yoga going over details of transitioning from Chaturanga (push-up) to Up Dog in Ashtanga Vinyasa Yoga
Please note...the transition of floating in Sun Salutations will not be achieved by jumping, hopping, skipping, or slamming around on your yoga mat. There are other aspects of practice that need to be polished up first. So for now...be patient...step up and back with fluidity, control, and mindfulness. Spare your joints, bones, and back any unnecessary aches, sprains, or strains.
_Jason Schramm of Detroit Yoga, going over details of floating and fluidity of transitions in Sun Salutations in Ashtanga Vinyasa Yoga.
Jason Schramm of Detroit Yoga, going over feet in transition from updog to downdog in Ashtanga Vinyasa Yoga
Jason Schramm of Detroit Yoga, located in Royal Oak and Ann Arbor, going of details of fluidity of transitions in Sun Salutations in Ashtanga Vinyasa Yoga
Jason Schramm of Detroit Yoga, located in Royal Oak and Ann Arbor, discussing the value of learning and applying details in Ashtanga Vinyasa Yoga
Here you'll find demonstrations and tutorials going over postures, movements, and details of Ashtanga and Vinyasa practice.