Jason Schramm of Detroit Yoga Ann Arbor demonstrating an advanced entrance into Bakasana in the Ashtanga Vinyasa Yoga practice.
Jason Schramm of Detroit Yoga Ann Arbor demonstrating an intermediate entrance to and exit from Marichyasana B in the Ashtanga Vinyasa Yoga practice.
Jason Schramm of Detroit Yoga Ann Arbor demonstrating entering Astavakrasana from handstand.
Jason Schramm of Detroit Yoga Ann Arbor demonstrating a transition that is worked on in his advanced vinyasa classes.
demonstration of floating from seated to chaturanga.
In this video Jason Schramm of Detroit Yoga - Ann Arbor, demonstrates floating from seated postures in Ashtanga Vinyasa Yoga. You can see that it is not the length of arms that matters so much as causing the hips to rise up, which takes the legs through in the process. Persistence and hard work are what is needed...not long arms.
Entrance to side plank in vinyasa practice - key points
1. Watch the foot work...pivoting on the heels and balls of the feet.
2. Placement of the hand so that it is in line with the back foot.
3. Breathing = Inhale step out and pivot...Exhale the hand down and step the foot back.
entrance into ashtanga / vinyasa side angle - key points
1. Watch the foot work...using the heels and balls of the feet to pivot.
2. Front foot ends up pointing straight forward...heels lined up...back foot at a 90 degree angle.
3. Breathing = Inhale step out...Exhale lunge and set the hand down.
Entrance into Ashtanga / Vinyasa triangle - Key points
1. Watch the footwork.
2. Watch the shift of the hips before extending over the leg.
3. Breathing = Inhale step out...Exhale over the leg.
In the video below you will see a series of classic Hatha Yoga postures, which is also the opening sequence in the Ashtanga practice. Any serious ashtanga and/or vinyasa practitioner should have this down. So many other postures and movements come from this...along with sun salutations.
Please note...in this video I go thru the sequence quickly...it is normally five breaths in each posture.
Jason Schramm of Detroit Yoga demonstrating the opening sequence of Ashtanga Yoga
In this video, Jason Schramm of Detroit Yoga demonstrates transitions/moving in and out of various postures in Vinyasa practice.
Here you'll find demonstrations and tutorials going over postures, movements, and details of Ashtanga and Vinyasa practice.